Our Blackjack Guide to History and Basics.
Our quick Blackjack guide will give you insight into the history and basics of this well known game.
Collating the History of Blackjack is much like finding a needle in a haystack – information goes back as far as the 17th century. As a generally accepted rule, Blackjack evolved from the French games “Chem De Fer”, “French Ferme” and Vingt-et-un” (twenty-and-one) which was played in French Casinos around about the 1700″s. It was only later in the 1800’s and after the French Revolution that the game of “Blackjack” as we know it moved into the United States of America – North America to be exact.
The name “Blackjack” is believed to have come from a bet (which has since been discontinued) which paid the winning player 10 to 1. This was only paid out if the player received a Jack of Spades and an Ace of Spades as their first two cards.
Today blackjack is a classic game played in the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and in fact World wide. Internet blackjack however has been growing in popularity over the last few years, as this gives the player the opportunity to play from the comfort of their own home, and especially so to the Aged and those persons that may be physically challenged and unable to get out.
Blackjack is pretty much a simple game, but there are a great deal of different strategies that have been written by professional players which could give you the player the edge. In the late 1950’s and early 1960’s mathematical information was published, and these types of books became so popular, and in particular one of these books made the New York Times bestseller list. This information sparked a great interest among the public sector, and generated the game of Blackjack to become one of the most popular and well played card games to this day.
The Basics To Playing Blackjack Online
- First off we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Online Casino that you have chosen. More often than not, these Casinos also offer for you to play certain games, including Blackjack for free, and this is a wonderful gesture, as this gives you the opportunity to try your hand and also gain a few skills. There are also a number of sites where you can obtain strategies, rules and also information for Beginners.
- If the Dealer (House) in the Online Casino has a blackjack and the player does not, then the player loses. However if the player has a blackjack and the Dealer (house) does not, then the player wins. Should both the player and the Dealer (House) receive a blackjack hand, that then becomes a push, which in effect means that neither the Player nor the Dealer (House) wins. If neither has a blackjack dealt to them, then play will proceed for the Player, and this then followed by the Dealer (House)
- When playing blackjack in an Online Casino, there are certain terms which are used to indicate how you wish to play.
- Hit – Take another card
- Stand – Take no more cards
- Split – If the 2 cards dealt have the same value it is possible to split them, thus making 2 hands. If you choose to do this your wager must also then be doubled.
- Doubling Down – The Player doubles the wager and takes another hit, then stands.
- The Players turn is over should they stand, double down or bust. If the player goes bust, they lose – this even if the Dealer (House) goes bust.
- When the Player has played out his/her hand, it is then the Dealers (House) turn to reveal their hand. It is required that the Dealer (House) must hit until they have a total of 17. Should the Dealer (House) go bust, then the Player wins.